DYNAMIC AND CREATIVE BREATHING IN PILATES PRACTICE.
MOVING INTO DEEP STRETCH WITH EASE AND SAFETY WHETHER ON THE MAT OR ON EQUIPMENT.
PRECISION IN LEG ALIGNMENT RESULTS IN SEXY LEGS AND AN ABSENCE OF KNEE INJURY AND RELEASE OF BACK PAIN.
DIRECTOR AND MENTOR JENNY COLEBOURNE.
JENNY COLEBOURNE has been teaching Pilates since 1974 and yoga since 1978. She has extensive experience in Reiki and Cranial Sacral work. She founded ILLIUM CENTER of LIGHT in 1980 in Athens, Greece. She has been teaching Pilates teacher training courses since 1984. She is determined to maintain the very high standards handed down from her teachers and mentors.
Jenny teaches in Greek and English.
THE GREAT SPIRAL. INCREDIBLY USEFUL FASCIA WORK.
- Review of previous “Spirals” with time for sharing and questions.
- Yet more Spirals to heal, prepare for Refined Pilates.
CREATIVE, TRANSFORMATIVE BREATHING
- Review of previous breathing exercises with time for sharing and questions.
- Clearly distinguishing the movement of the diaphragm when breathing and making sure it is utilized fully.
- Techniques for releasing tension in the diaphragm.
- A whole body fascia release series that positively utilizes the breath in connection with the quality of your thought.
- How to use the breath strongly and dynamically to release tension in different sites of the body including in the “Roll Up” and the “Folded Leaf”.
- Soft breathing for more subtle releases including in the “Spine Roll”.
- Why utilize the pause that comes after the out breath in the “Hundreds”.
- What is a “still point” in the cranial sacral technique and how it can be applied to deepen Refined Pilates Practice?
STRETCH FULLY, DEEPLY AND SAFELY.
- Learning to surrender to a deep stretch.
- Using the out breath or a still point to go further into the body.
- “The Wave”. Perfect for tight hamstrings and stiff lower backs.
PERFECTING LEG ALIGNMENT AND BALANCE.
- The perfect plié or legwork on any piece of equipment or without equipment.
- Standing Spiral.
- Standing strong and tall and completely on your center.
A REFINED PILATES ASSOCIATED TEACHERS PROGRAM WEEKEND.
These weekend seminars are designed for
- Pilates teachers, Yoga teachers, advanced students and body workers who wish to make their teaching more effective.
- Pilates teachers wishing to become associate Refined Pilates teachers of Illium.
The associated teachers program is designed for already qualified teachers who wish to enrich and deepen their expertise.
Students attend a block of teacher training weekend workshops of their choice.
Practice and observation hours are required.
The student completes practical, teaching and theory examinations.
If the student is successful she is awarded an “Associated Teachers” certificate of attendance for that specific block of studies.
It is possible to complete the full teacher-training program (1000 hours), over time, if the student fulfills all criteria.
150€ + VAT.
A certificate of attendance will be awarded.
It is possible to attend via Skype.